The Domaine de la Bourdaisière invites you to discover a new way of cooking, tasting and admiring this wonderful fruit: the tomato. You will have the opportunity to meet local producers of fruits and vegetables during this festival, to participate in culinary workshops, to taste the tomato in all its forms and in all its colours.
This will of course be the opportunity to enjoy the parks and gardens of the estate, including the National Conservatory of the Tomato approved by the CCVS (Conservatory of Specialised Plant Collections) which unites more than 700 varieties of tomatoes.
At lunch time, take a break at the Tomato Bar, open from 10am to 19h, to enjoy local cuisine made with fresh produce from the farm and vegetable garden.
For the 21st edition of the Festival of Tomato and its savours, fifty or so exhibitors will be present, all associated around the tomato, offering an impressive range of seeds, delicious plants, culinary aids, beauty products or products for well-being, decorative objects …
2019 New events
• Around fifty exhibitors with regards to the tomato and its savours.
• Culinary demonstrations and tastings
• Visit the Potato National Conservatory of Tomato with the chef gardener Nicolas Toutain
• Take a discovery tour of the Bourdaisière mini farm
• Tastings of our tomatoes and cucumbers (PDO) from France (Protected designation of origin)
• Exhibitions featuring the tomato
• Ketchup competition
• Tomato market
• Drawing contest for children
• Giant Tomato game (ball game)
and many other surprises!
RESTAURATION (tous les jours)
open from 12pm to 3pm, a 3-course menu; starter, main course and dessert
Price: € 23
open from 10am to 6.30pm
Enjoy our tomato-based recipes and juices
open from 10am to 7pm
Drinks, sandwiches and cakes served all day
Fresh juices made all day
Please note that it is forbidden to picnic on the property
HOW TO FIND US:
12 km from Tours and Amboise – 7 km the TGV train station – Saint-Pierre-des-Corps TGV (55 minutes by TGV from Paris)
Full price: € 7.50
Reduced price: € 5.50: unemployed persons, disabled persons, students, Montlouisiens, groups from 20 people. (proof required).
FREE for children under 10